Hello all! It’s Evelyn, Balbo’s right-hand woman. Balbo could not be here for today’s workshop. I’m not exactly sure why, but around this time every year he vanishes for a few days.
I swear, when he comes back, he looks like he’s gained twenty pounds and wants to sleep for a day or two. It’s odd. But I never question him, because I am his best and most trusted barmaid and as I always like to say, Balbo knows best! *wink*
Today’s workshop is going to cover my favorite of the oils that Tabletop Beard uses to produce its premium beard care products: avocado oil!
It’s not only delicious but beneficial to your skin, hair, and muscles. I’d flex for you, but I don’t want to frighten you off, friend. lol See, old Balbo is not the only one with a sense of humor in the Dragon’s Beard.
Oh, before I forget, our new cook, Kristoff, prepared some appetizers for today’s workshop. He sliced up some avocados and made some sandwiches with fresh bread from the baker. They may look strange, but the elves and gnomes love them.
What is an Avocado and what is Avocado Oil?
Avocado trees are native to the Americas and grown in the largest numbers in Mexico. They produce a large berry with a single large seed. These pear-shaped fruits are buttery and smooth and often a greenish gold color once ripe. Depending exactly where they have ripened, the avocado’s skin could be black, purple, brown, or even green.
Fun fact, avocado’s which fall off a tree early will ripen on the ground!
One of the best things about avocados and avocado oil is that it’s all edible. You can slice up an avocado and place it on a slice of bread. Some people use it as a replacement for sandwich meat. There are many exciting ways you can enjoy it.
Guacamole is an avocado-based dip for tortillas that is a favorite for many people. Avocado toast is often enjoyed by people who are on diets or are health conscious. It is often found in sushi rolls and people make milkshakes from it too!
If you give a ripe avocado a good squeeze you can juice it, but to produce avocado oil you will need a different approach. Guess what, adventurer, you can do it yourself!
First, you need to find some ripe or overripe fruits. Then peel and mash them up. When it looks like guacamole, you are at the right consistency. Spread it out in a thin layer and then you will need to let it sit and dry it. As it dries, it will turn brown. Stir it and you will find some green layers. So, keep stirring as it dries until the paste is all brown.
Once all brown, but not totally dry, you will want to extract the oil. Take the paste and place it into a clean muslin cloth or nut milk bag. Now, you can start giving it a proper squeeze.
Great news! You have avocado oil now and it is super stable. Once stored, it can last you months to a year!
Why go to this trouble? Why eat or use avocado oil? Well, let’s discuss the multitude of fantastic benefits.
What are the Benefits of Avocado Oil?
Avocados, unlike most other fruits, are filled to the brim with healthy fats. Yes, healthy fats! We love those!
Adding it to Your Diet
- Oleic acid. It may not sound like much, but it is incredibly health fat and avocado oils are 70% filled with it. Avocado oil is incredibly high in its omega-6 to omega-3 ratio! That helps balance the omegas in your diet and lower inflammation.
- Helps you heal faster. Vitamins A and E are your friends. Never forget that!
- Consumption can reduce cholesterol! That’s beneficial to 15% of the world’s population!
- Tons and tons of antioxidants. Always a good thing.
- The oil is high in lutein which is good for your eye health. This antioxidant here can reduce the risk of normal age-related eye diseases.
- Absorption. Did you know your body needs some fats to absorb vitamins such as A, D, E, and K. Avocado oil helps this.
- Reduces inflammation and therefore lowers the symptoms of arthritis, another disease that plagues millions of people.
Using it in Cosmetics like Beard Oil, Beard Butter, and Beard Balm
- Remember the Vitamin E we mentioned above? Well, that Vitamin E helps improve the beard growth hormones. Essentially raising the testosterone levels.
- Moisturizes those dry whiskers on your face.
- Prevents nasty beard dandruff. As mentioned in our other tomes and workshops, beard dandruff is a bearded adventurer’s worst enemy.
- Tames that frizz and help you reinforce beard hair. Hey, avocado oil is at least a +2 to Beard STR.
- Adds a natural glow that other questers will be in awe of.
Tabletop Beard Knows How to Help!
If you are wondering where to start, whether it be drizzling avocado oil on your salads or planting some avocado tree seeds in your home garden, both are good options.
But know this: Tabletop Beard is way ahead of you. They have added avocado oil to their premium beard care products. So, all you need to do is place an order.
The druids would be proud of you and guess what, their scent is new! Check it out here!
Here are some yummy recipes for you to enjoy!